STARTUP FORUM 2017 – A FREE ONLINE NETWORK ARENA FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING STARTUPS IN AKERSHUS
WHAT IS STARTUP FORUM?
Startup Forum is an online network arena for entrepreneurs with international background living in Akershus who want to learn how to start a business in Norway. The programme is based on a methodology developed through a regional innovation program funded by Akershus fylkeskommune and Asker kommune. Startup Forum 2017 is arranged by Askershus Næringshage in colloboration with Inclusion AS and Campus Nooa. Funders of the 2017 are Asker kommune and Bærum kommune. Participation is FREE. This year´s programme will start in September (exact date is yet to be set) land will last until 31.12.2017.
By participating in Startup Forum the startups will get a basic understanding of what it takes to quickly establish your enterprise in Norway, get access to a large collection of all the startup tools (necessary documents, check lists, «how-to» videos» etc.) in one place. Another benefit of participating in Startup Forum is that the participants will get individual tailor-made mentor assistance helping them to progress with their business project. All communication in the Startup Forum arena is in English and participation is free. Startup Forum was arranged for the first time in 2015 and the second round was held in 2016. Participants come from nearly 30 nations including New Zealand, India, Thailand, Peru, Brazil, Serbia, UK, Spain, China, India, Philliphines, USA, Norway and Australia.
Startup Forum consists of:
- An online startup course covering issues such as: building the right business model, choose right corporate form, company registration step-by-step, office management, tax, accounting, other obligations, sales and marketing plan, how to succeed with business in Norway, how to develop a network in Oslo and Akershus
- A lot of practical startup tools tailormade for entrepreneurs with foreign background living in Norway. This includes templates of the most relevant documents you need in the startup process, several how-to-videos (for example: «How to register an enkeltpersonforetak?», «How to find an accountant?», «How to do a simple market survey in Norway?») checklists on what to do regarding business obligations related to accounting, book keeping , taxation and VAT as well as step-by-step guides for marketing and sales activities , easy-to-use business model tool, a simple business plan etc.
- Individual follow-up assistance from your personal e-mentor who will help you to progress with your business project
- Access to at least 1 physical gathering presenting a very relevant startup issue. This arena will also be a place for network with other likeminded entrepreneurs.
- Access to the Startupforum in 12 months from course start the 1st of November.
Online course description:
The course methodology is in addition to the development based on two pilot projects taking place in 2015 and 2016 based on experience from many years of digital learning and main issues facing entrepreneurs at the early stages of their start-up experience.
The start-up course is organised into four study modules. At the end of modules there is an assignment to be submitted for evaluation, with the purpose of helping the entrepreneurs to progress in their start-up efforts.
Module 1. Before startup: Develop your best business model
Module 2. Marketing essentials – crash course in marketing. Introduction to essential marketing tools
Module 3. How to sell in Norway?
Module 4. Company registration: Registration of company, VAT, employees and accountant
Module 5. Taxation, bookkeeping, office management and other obligations
Module 6. Accounting, bookkeeping and other obligations
People with entrepreneurial aspirations living in either Akershus or Oslo who either are in their early stages of startup or are considering starting up their own business.
Study materials and resources:
All resources you need for the startup course are online and included in the course. This will typically include checklists, development tools, instructional videos and a lot of other useful startup tools.
The pilot course is free.
When you have passed the final assignments, you will receive an Open Badge verifying your Course completion. Your badge is shown in the picture and you will receive a link to your personal badge. If you like, you can share your badge on LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
Startup Forum 2017 vil take place Autumn 2017.
Participation period: Sometime in September (date is yet to be decided) – 31 December 2017
You will have access to the startup course and startup tools during the whole programme period.
Participation includes a physical kick-off gathering taking place in Asker sometime in Septemberr from 5pm to 8pm.
(exact location is not yet set). At this gathering you will learn about business modeling, you will connect with the other startups as well as being served a light meal, snacks and drinks.
APPLICATION / REGISTRATION
If you are interested to participate in this year´s Startup Forum, please apply by doing the following:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org writing «Startup Forum 2017″ in the email subject line.
2. In the email write:
a) 2-3 sentences about your business project / business idea (type of business, target groups, estimated potential)
b) 1-2 sentences about your motivation for participation
c) Your mobile phone number
The enrollment takes place on an on-going basis.
Please contact us on email@example.com or telephone (+47) 400 888 14 if you have questions.